What You Should Do After A Collision
- Call the police.
- If you suspect any injuries, be transported by EMS to the hospital.
- Get the contact number for any witnesses. Don’t rely on the police because they don’t always
- Take photographs.
- Don’t move your vehicle.
- Give the hospital your health insurance information not your auto insurance information nor the auto insurer for the other driver.
- Follow up with your primary care physician.
- Keep a copy of all paperwork, contact information, claim numbers, receipts or other information you come across in the process.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company. Tell them that they may contact your lawyer to discuss statements.
- Begin thinking about which auto body repair shop you want to repair your vehicle. In the state of Ohio, consumer protection laws prohibit insurance companies from steering claimants where to take their vehicle for repair. This is for your protection against sub-standard repair quality.
- You may also be told that you have to get three estimates, this is also against Ohio state law. You do not have to run around getting estimates, just take your vehicle to the shop that you are most comfortable with.
Contact Marksman Auto Body at 330-225-5560 to discuss your repair or request a free estimate on our website.